Climate Works HVAC Ottawa
- Indirect Water Heaters
Indirect Water Heater Advantages
- The greatest advantages of the gas fired indirect water heaters is the significant reduction of flue losses.
These units are more efficient, with less standby heat loss, when compare to the standard tank type.
Less maintenance - no additional burners to maintain.
Less cost - no additional venting required or fuel lines to run.
Better performance - more available hot water with quicker recoveries.
Easy to size and easy to install.
Indirect hot water heaters generally have higher recovery rates than typical tank type water heater as they use the BTU output from the boiler as the heat source.
Integrated combined heating systems are using the same heat source for both space and water heating. One of the advantages of the integral systems over separate unit systems is the presence of only one combustion device that reduces the backdrafting risk of one appliance, reduced regular service needs and one venting system used.
Storage water tanks used in indirect fired heating systems are usually build of the stainless steel, and with the absence of the direct flame or combustion, thermal stress is significantly reduced, making them very durable with a long life span. Some manufacturers are providing a lifetime warranty.
The most typical capacity of the indirect hot water heater tanks is about 40 gallons. Capacity is an important element when selecting to buy a new indirect water heating system, but also the recovery rate. The actual recovery rate will depend on the Btu input of the unit that feeds the heat exchanger
TRIN & STOR
- Endless amounts of hot water.
- Available in a wide range of sizes.
- Limited lifetime warranty.
- Our comprehensive line includes stainless steel and stone lined indirect tanks, solar tanks and storage tanks for all your hot water applications.
- S Models are built with 100% high-quality stainless steel to provide years of uncompromising performance.
- SL Models are specifically designed for lifelong operation in applications where chlorides and other contaminates exist in the water.
(Gal. @ Outlet Temp.)
|Boiler Output (MBH)||Coil
|Coil PSI Drop||Continuous
(GPH @ Outlet Temp.)
|S40||40||Stainless Steel Indirect Water Heater||66||228||303||146||6.9||1.8||196||271|
|SL35||35||Stone Lined Indirect Water Heater||185||230||300||150||6||3||195||265|
|S80SR||80||Stainless Solar Water Heater||180||214 Upper||157 Upper||
|10.4||2 Upper||182 Upper||291 Upper|
|247 Lower||166 Lower||2.1 Lower||193
|S120SR||120||195||239 Upper||167 Upper
|274 Lower||177 Lower||3.5 Lower||205
|SL80SR||80||Stone Lined Solar Water Heater||325||188||230||81||3.5||10||108||150|
|ST80||80||Stainless Steel Storage Tank||160||N.A|
Indirect-Fired Water Heaters
- Champion-Series (41 gals.): The best value in the market, the Champion is everything your customers need, nothing they don't. Its clean design and attractive price point make it the perfect model for residential jobs.
- Classic Series (26 & 41 gals.): This is the heater that started it all. The Classic maintains a tradition of performance and quality that started in 1979. A dual-pass heat exchanger and unique, triple-shell design continue to make this one of our most popular series.
- Premier Series (60, 80, 119 gals.): With features like 316-L Stainless Steel construction and less than 1/2°F heat loss per hour, the Premier is an excellent choice for large homes and high demands.
- Commercial Series (41, 60, 80 119 gals. ): We designed our commercial models to provide high output and trusted reliability. From the large heat exchanger to the Stainless Steel shell, the Commercial Series proves a dependable workhorse for any domestic hot water system.
- Dual Coil (80, 119 gals.): When you need the flexibility of multiple heat exchangers, the Dual Coil is the best option. From solar to wood boilers, the Dual Coil provides a multitude of input options. Or, power both coils from a large boiler, and the Dual Coil can maintain a continuous output of over 680 gallons per hour!
- Top-Down Series (41 & 72 gals.): Get behind the wheel of the new Top Down™ 80 BoilerMate®. All piping and wiring connections are on top for lightning fast installation and easy service. he low profile makes handling a breeze and fits nearly any space. Your customers get the power and performance of an 80-gallon water heater with the fuel savings that only an AMTROL® BoilerMate® indirect can provide. AMTROL even offers Double Wall heat exchangers to meet stringent plumbing codes.